Your Ultimate Guide to Cold Calling
Is your business heavily dependent on the cold calling strategy? Allowing customers to quickly and easily contact your business through a phone call can help build trust and in turn improve the sales of your business.
Here are 8 ways your small business can get more customer calls:
1. Have web presence
Having a web presence is extremely essential nowadays. If your business is at an initial stage, then ‘Google My Business’ is a great place to get started with if you don’t have your own website yet.
This platform allows small business owners to display their business across all of Google’s products and platforms.
- Include your contact details at the top of every page so that it becomes easy for visitors to reach out to you.
- Make sure you include a click-to-call link in the website, so that it becomes convenient for the visitors to call you without having to search for your number.
2. Use landing pages with a single call to action
Using one course of action through a promotional page increases the odds of your potential customers taking that particular route.
- Visitors are more likely to call when it is made clear that they should pick up the phone to receive a discount.
3. Speak at an event or host an industry gathering
Communities are a great way to capture a large segment of the market, hence if you have plenty of expertise in your field—why not get involved with the community?
By speaking at an event, sharing your experience and getting involved in your industry at a local level, you’ll have the opportunity to build your connections and give an impetus to your reputation as a thought leader.
4. Get your business listed in local directories
Marketing through listings in local directories can have a great impact to get more customer calls.
The idea is to make it more convenient for the consumers to find your brand, and one of the most assured and affordable ways to do so is to get your brand listed in local directories.
- Try to be as elaborate as possible by adding your company information in detail, the product/service that your brand caters to and most importantly your contact information.
You never know which medium a potential buyer might choose to find your brand
You might be marketing your products or services through various channels such as outdoor media, catalogs, brochures, social media posts, search ads or any other form of marketing tools. All these marketing materials must include your phone number.
Assign a unique number to each of your marketing channels, as it will help you analyse which channel is driving maximum results. You can then shift the maximum focus there to boost the results further.
6. Paid advertising
We all know about the benefits that paid advertise can bring to the table.
This route is a sure shot way to get that phone ringing and to get more customer calls, if done right.
- You can hire an agency that fits your budget to help you out with this.
- Take small steps by allocating a small budget towards paid advertising and use core optimization techniques. Explore different paid channels such as Google Search Ads, Facebook Ads, etc.
7. Spend more on click-to-call (CTC) campaigns
Listing your phone number on your website is a great way to encourage people to call you.
You should focus to spend more on click-to-call campaigns.
- You should add a click-to-call feature in your website, so that, if you’re dealing with people who are interested in talking to a real person, this feature could result in more calls.
- According to statistics 52% of search queries come from smartphones, hence, a click-to-call feature encourages consumers to call your business & get answers as soon as they have a question.
8. Have Social Media presence
As the first step, you have to create a profile for your small business on each relevant social media platform.
- Leverage these platforms by creating & sharing customised content to each of your social media handle.
- An effective social media presence will encourage your followers to go through your lead funnel and eventually reach out to you by calling your business.
- Make sure to include a click-to-call link on your social handles as well, so that it becomes convenient for the visitors to call you without having to search for your number.
With the advancement of technology, there are multiple ways through which customers can reach out to businesses, but, there is always a sense of satisfaction for the customer when they speak to an executive in person and this feeling surely can’t be replaced easily.
So for those businesses that depend & focus more on calling as a point of contact, you now have 8 more tools in your arsenal to get more customer calls and begin tangible conversions.