From a quiet young girl in Madras (known as Chennai today) to becoming a ferocious leader in the boardroom, Indra Nooyi is the former Chairman and CEO of PepsiCo. Her journey showcases her persistence, passion, determination, and her hunger to achieve something big in her life that led to her huge transformation.
Here are eleven powerful quotes from the “Dragon Woman” Indra Nooyi that will help you become a successful business leader:
1. As a leader, I am tough on myself and I raise the standard for everybody; however, I am very caring because I want people to excel at what they are doing so that they can aspire to be me in the future.
2. I’m very honest – brutally honest. I always look at things from their point of view as well as mine. And I know when to walk away.
3. I pick up the details that drive the organization insane. But sweating the details is more important than anything else.
4. The distance between number one & number two is always constant. If you want to improve the organization, you have to improve yourself and the organization gets pulled up with you.
5. The one thing I have learned as a CEO is that leadership at various levels is vastly different. As you move up the organization, the requirements for leading that organization don’t grow vertically; they grow exponentially.
6. CEOs and leaders have to be life-long students. Not just students in the sense of attending courses or reading a book. You’ve got to learn how to read widely, walk the market, look at the trends in the marketplace, and make connections that don’t seem obvious. And start painting pictures of what the future could be. Then watch the consumer behaviors.
7. Most importantly, we want to create a company where every employee can bring their whole self to work.
8. Please help others rise. Greatness comes not from a position, but from helping build the future. We should pull others up.
9. Take a stand. Be known for your courage and confidence.
10. Bring together what is good for business with what is good for the world.
11. Whatever anybody says or does, assume positive intent. You will be amazed at how your whole approach to a person or problem becomes very different.
The idea of managing a business is easier said than done and we completely agree with you. This is why to help you move forward with your business goals, we at Bada Business offer an exclusive Business Coaching Program that comes with Foundation courses, specialized courses, and value-added courses. To know more about our courses, visit: www.badabusiness.com