Summary: Swami Vivekananda was considered one of the greatest spiritual leaders in India. Here are some of the most inspiring quotes that will motivate you to achieve your goals.
Born on January 12, 1863, as Narendranath Datta, Swami Vivekananda hailed from an affluent aristocratic Bengali family who in his short life achieved the height of greatness. Vivekananda was a man with a great spiritual presence and tremendous intellect. He was a tireless teacher and writer. He wrote poems and hymns in Bengali, English, and Sanskrit, some of which are sung daily in Vedanta centers worldwide. He was ahead of his time in encouraging women and Westerners to not only practice Vedanta but to be leaders as well.
He played a significant role in introducing and spreading the awareness of the Indian Vedanta and philosophies of Yoga to the western world. His efforts put India on the world’s spiritual map. It was Swami Vivekananda’s 1893 speech at the World’s Parliament of Religions in Chicago that changed the dimensions of Hinduism and redefined the way the world looked at India.
On the occasion of Teacher’s Day, here are 17 quotes from Swami Vivekananda that may inspire you to change the way you look at life:
1. "Arise, awake, and don't stop until the goal is reached.”
2. “You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your soul.”
3. “The greatest sin is to think you are weak.”
4. “The greatest religion is to be true to your nature. Have faith in yourselves.”
5. "Talk to yourself once a day, otherwise you may miss meeting an intelligent person in this world."
6. “We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far.”
7. "Truth can be stated in a thousand different ways, yet each one can be true."
8. “The great secret of true success, of true happiness, is this: the man or woman who asks for no return, the perfectly unselfish person, is the most successful.”
9. “Dare to be free, dare to go as far as your thought leads, and dare to carry that out in your life.”
10. “Never think there is anything impossible for the soul. It is the greatest heresy to think so. If there is sin, this is the only sin, to say that you are weak, or others are weak.”
11. “In a day, when you don't come across any problems - you can be sure that you are traveling on the wrong path.”
12. “Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life; dream of it; think of it; live on that idea. Let the brain, the body, muscles, nerves, and every part of your body be full of that idea and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success, and this is the way great spiritual giants are produced.”
13. “Do one thing at a time, and while doing it put your whole soul into it to the exclusion of all else.”
14. All power is within you; you can do anything and everything. Believe in that, do not believe that you are weak; do not believe that you are half-crazy lunatics, as most of us do nowadays. You can do anything and everything, without even the guidance of anyone. Stand up and express the divinity within you.”
15. “Strength is life, weakness is death. Expansion is life, contraction is death. Love is life, hatred is death.”
16. “Condemn none: if you can stretch out a helping hand, do so. If you cannot, fold your hands, bless your brothers, and let them go their own way.”
17. “The world is the great gymnasium where we come to make ourselves strong.”
Whether you are a student or a business owner, we hope these quotes by the revered spiritual leader and a social reformist will inspire you to achieve your dreams.
The idea of managing a business is easier said than done and we completely agree with you. This is why to help you move forward with your business goals, we at Bada Business offer an exclusive Business Coaching Program that comes with Foundation courses, specialized courses, and value-added courses.
To know more about our business courses and online programs, visit: www.badabusiness.com