The legacy of Tata is renowned and celebrated all across the country. The reason behind the Tata lineage is not just about their impeccable business skills, wealth, and global accomplishments. It also has a lot to do with their community-service approach for the people and the nation.
And of all the chairmen they have had, there is one man who has stood out for around 50 years, and that man is none other than- Jehangir Ratanji Dadabhoy Tata. Born on July 29, 1904, JRD Tata was a French-born Indian business tycoon who brought a revolution in the aviation industry.
When the Tata Empire was under JRD Tata, he took the company from 14-company conglomerates to 50, and sales were increased from INR 280 crores to INR 15,000 crores.
Along with other industries, JRD Tata also strengthened the civil aviation industry. Air India was probably one of his greatest contributions. JRD Tata had a great eye for arts and science and always fought for underprivileged people. He was one of the greatest and highly celebrated industrialists, who were humble despite being one of the most successful businessmen of his time.
Here are 7 quotes by JRD Tata that will inspire you and fill you with motivation:
- Uncommon thinkers reuse what common thinkers refuse.
- Always aim at perfection for only then will you achieve excellence.
- Money is like manure. It stinks when you pile it and grows when you spread it.
- Quality is first engineered, only then it is inspected.
- I do not want India to be an economic superpower. I want India to be a happy country.
- When you work, work as if everything depends on you. When you pray, pray as if everything depends on God.
- Common people have an appetite for food, uncommon people have an appetite for service.
Feeling less-enthusiastic about your entrepreneurial dreams? Do not worry! We have motivational quotes from the leaders who built their empire from the scratch. So keep reading and keep chasing your dreams!