An Email Newsletter is a very powerful tool. It can motivate, inform, sell and entertain your target subscribers. Sending Email Newsletters
regularly can convert to sales by promoting your brand, targeted engagement and driving repeat business through incentives.Here are 7 important tips to increase your sales through newsletters:1. Know and Understand Your Target Audience
- Out of all the Email Newsletter tips that we’re going to talk about in this article, knowing your audience is the most important tip. The email messages that you send out to your subscribers need to be relevant to their interests. This can only happen when you know your target audience.
- Every subscriber on your email list is different, which is why it would be a mistake to send them the same email message. Emails relevant to the receiver tend to drive 18 times more revenue when compared to general emails.
- Always make a segmented email list which allows you to divide your Email Newsletter list into smaller, more targeted sub-groups. Segmenting your list will let you target your consumers based on their personal preferences.
- Age, gender, geographical location of your subscriber, helps you send relevant emails which improve your chances of getting a higher of sales.
- Use regular Email Newsletters to make your subscribers familiarize with your brand. Send at least once a month or once a week, to surprise your subscribers about the new things.
- Sending newsletters regularly helps building the relationships between you and your subscribers, by keeping your business and brand at the forefront of your readers’ minds.
- People are more likely to buy from you if they know who you are, what you represent and that you value their business!
- When you are building a list of your loyal subscribers who open and read all your emails, you shouldn’t have any problems sending out weekly or daily emails to your list, and getting more sales.
- Sending regular Email Newsletters is that you’ll have a record of stats from each send. This means you can email a group who all clicked on an image to see a Product, but didn’t buy it, for some reason. Targeted sends are highly effective.
- The open rate of your email completely depends on your subject line. The content of the Email Newsletter wouldn’t matter, if people don’t open your emails. So investing in it will immensely help your Email Newsletter campaign.
- Connect to your subscribers on an emotional level so that they enjoy reading your emails. Keep each subject line to the point. Longer subject lines are not only confusing but are also hard to understand.
- Questions and numbers are proven to get a higher click if done rightly but make sure you are not confusing anyone.
5. Have a Dedicated Landing Page for Your Campaign
- Most of the time your subscribers click from your email to your homepage, product page or landing page. In order to get higher returns on your investment, it always makes sense to build a dedicated landing page and direct your email traffic to it.
- Keep in mind that the message that you convey with your email should match your landing page or else it beat the purpose of creating one.
One of the fastest ways to increase sales is to send discounts and flash sales newsletter. Types of time-sensitive discounts can include:
- Event Discounts (Birthdays, Mother’s Day, Anniversary, Valentine day, Festivals ETC)
- First Time Shopper Discount
- Pre-Launch Items Discount
- Thank You Discounts
- Abandon Cart reminder
- Customer and company milestone discounts
- You should send more targeted newsletters by utilizing the last purchasing history. For Ex; you can send email to the customers who bought Product A in the past and let them know about Product B or C, which will appeal to them.
- Sending email will drives traffic to your website and will increase your sales. Email Newsletters are as powerful as social media, if not more, when it comes to engaging your audience and offer ROI.
Here is a free tool to start creating Email Newsletters:MailChimp is a powerful and easy to use option for those who want to focus on business growth. MailChimp’s email service allows you to:-
- Integrate your emails with CRM’s and shopping carts.
- It allows you to use free email service for your first 500 subscribers.
- It has smart editing tools.
- It creates a personalized sign-up that matches your brand and gives you the opportunity to post them on your social media accounts.
- You can also create a customized template and you can also send customized messages to your subscribers.
- With the help of MailChimp, email marketing is easier with its drag and drop feature.