Goods And Services Tax (GST) was introduced back in 2017 and has now emerged as one of the biggest tax reforms ever. This tag of the biggest tax reform ever has been rightfully earned by GST as this has not only reduced the overall cost of goods and services but also has saved businesses a lot of complications with the whole process of filing returns for getting the registration done in the first place.
This article is entirely dedicated to the GST portal that the government introduced to uncomplicate the process with great help from technology.
What Is The Process To Register For GST?
- The very first step is to open the GST portal and then clicking on Services. After that select “registration” to finally get your hands on new registration.
- You will now be asked to fill in the details in PART A. These details are
- In the drop-down under ‘I am a’ – select Taxpayer
- Select State and District from the drop-down
- Enter the Name of Business and PAN of the business
- Key in the Email Address and Mobile Number. The registered email id and mobile number will receive the OTPs.
- Click on Proceed
- On both your email address and mobile number, you will receive OTPs. You will have to submit these necessary OTPs in order to process further
- You will now receive TRN (temporary reference number) on again both your email address and phone number. Save this reference number for the later formalities. You will also see the next part of the details to fill in the form of PART-B for which you will have the next 15 days.
- Now go to the GST portal, again and again, select the new registration option where you will be asked to submit the TRN. Submit the number and click on proceed.
- At this point you will receive an OTP both on your email address and mobile number. Submit the OTP to go further. After this, the current status of your application will be shown as a draft. On the right-hand side, you will see the edit icon, click on that to proceed further to complete the PART B details.
- You will be asked to provide the necessary documents. To make sure the process goes smoothly and conveniently. Please have these things ready
- Constitution of the taxpayer
- Proof for the place of business
- Bank account details*
- Verification and Aadhaar authentication, if chosen
- Once all details are provided, please go to the verification option. Tick on the declaration and submit the application.
- If all things have been done successfully, a message will be displayed thereafter showing that the application has been submitted successfully and you will receive the Application Reference Number on your email and mobile.
Additionally, ensure that before you enroll on the GST portal, you have the following information with you:
- Provisional ID and Password received from VAT authority
- Valid email address
- Valid Mobile Number
- Bank Account Number
- Bank IFSC code
- Proof of Registration of Business (Shop Establishment Certificate in case of Proprietorship, Partnership Deed in case of Companies and Memorandum of Association for Companies)
The GST is now a very integral part of the Indian Taxation system as GST is paid by anyone and everyone who is an eligible taxpayer and a citizen of India. If you have still not registered for GST, we hope the process that we have shared with you made things a bit easy in terms of overall understanding and execution.