N.R Narayana Murthy is none other than the co-founder and the former chairman of Indian tech giant Infosys, which is often described as the “father of the Indian IT sector”. When it comes to business, tech, and entrepreneurship, Mr. Narayana Murthy is considered as one of India`s pioneers.
Infosys Technologies Ltd. was the first Indian company to be listed on an American stock exchange. After earning a bachelor`s degree in electrical engineering from the University of Mysore in 1967, he completed his Master`s degree from IIT-Kanpur in 1969.
During the 1970s, Murthy worked upon multiple projects in Paris, where he also helped design an operating system for handling air cargo at Charles de Gaulle Airport.
After some time, he returned to India and worked in Pune. But eventually, he decided to launch his own company and co-founded Infosys with six fellow professionals in 1981.
Talking about the startup culture in India, he says, “Startups are about entrepreneurs coming up with an idea whose proposition is very different from any existing idea in the market. Startups are about a set of people whose collective experience can test an idea’s market fit and scale it up.”
Here are some of the most inspiring quotes from N.R Narayana Murthy, to fuel your entrepreneurial dreams:
- Progress is often equal to the difference between mind and mindset.
- Love your job, but never fall in love with your Company.
- Performance leads to recognition. Recognition brings respect. Respect enhances power. Humility and grace in one's moments of power enhance the dignity of an organization.
- Our assets walk out of the door each evening. We have to make sure that they come back the next morning.
- You become a star, not because of your title; you become a star because you are adding star value to the company.
- Respect, recognition, and reward flow out of the performance.
- The real power of money is the power to give it away.