New Delhi, November 11: As many as 11 lakh MSMEs in India have registered on the new online system of Udyam Registration so far in just less than 5 months. The Udyam Registration was launched in July by the government. Of the 11 lakh MSMEs, as many as 3.72 lakh enterprises have registered under manufacturing category whereas 6.31 lakh enterprises under service sector. The five leading states for Udyam registrations are Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Gujarat.
The MSME ministry stated that the top five industrial sectors of registrations are food products, textile, apparel, fabricated metal products and machinery & equipment. 1,01,03,512 persons have been given employment by these registered units. Registration without PAN and GST number is permitted on the system up to March 31, 2021 as a transitional arrangement.
Reports inform that the share of micro enterprises is 93.17 percent whereas small and medium enterprises are 5.62 percent and 1.21 percent, respectively. Adding further, an official statement said that 7.98 lakh enterprises are owned by male whereas 1.73 lakh enterprises by female entrepreneurs, and 11,188 enterprises are owned by divyangjan entrepreneurs.
Here's How MSMEs Can Register:
- MSMEs can register on the official website of Udyam Registration- i.e. udyamregistration.gov.in
- An enterprise for the purpose of this process will be known as Udyam and its Registration Process will be known as 'Udyam Registration'.
- A permanent registration number will be given after registration. After completion of the process of registration, a certificate will be issued online.
- This certificate will have a dynamic QR Code from which the web page on our Portal and details about the enterprise can be accessed.
- There will be no need for renewal of Registration.
- The single window systems at Champions Control Rooms and at DICs will help you in the process. Registration Process is totally free. No Costs or Fees are to be paid to anyone.