- Are you a small shopkeeper, who wants to expand his business?
- Do you want to increase the number of your stores or branches?
- Do you know how to grow your business?
The expansion of business has been challenging for Indian entrepreneurs to lack of technical expertise for effective execution of strategies.
In this article, we are going to discuss 5 tips that will help you in expanding your business and increasing your number of stores with the help of a case study of Poojara Telecom Pvt. Ltd.
The founder and MD of Poojara Telecom Pvt. Ltd., Mr. Yogesh Poojara, was a transmission assistant of BSNL in 1983. He started his first shop in 1994 and second shop in 2011.
Today, he has around 50 outlets. How did he do this? By adopting the following five tips of how to grow a small business into a large business.
1. Arey Waah - Low-Cost Marketing Ideas
To know how to grow your business, let us see the low-cost marketing ideas used by Poojara Telecom.
Poojara Telecom comes up with such ideas that a non-consumer becomes their consumers. For this, they do the following things:
- They attracted ladies (non-consumers) to the mobile stores by setting up a Free Mehandi Camp outside their stores before every festival. As a result, a long queue of ladies converge in front of their outlets and start noticing the stores and purchasing products.
- They also attracted ladies to their stores by selling selfie sticks of worth Rs 499 at Rs 19. This offer was only for ladies.
- They provided a special discount as per the weight of their customers. The customers are asked to measure their weight on a weighing machine kept in the store and they will get the discount equal to their weight.
- They also provided a coupon of 2 Liters free petrol on the purchase of a mobile.
- They provided free chocolates to kids and free mobiles to students, who get good grades in their board exams.
- They call customers, send messages and Whatsapp them for CRM purposes.
- They provide discount vouchers, buyback offers, and privileged customer perks to their customers.
- They provide a loyalty card named, Humsafar, to their customers on their first purchase and add some bonus points in this card. When the customer visits the next time, he gets a discount on the product on this card.
- 90 days Box-to-Box replacement guarantee scheme. They say that if there is any problem with the mobile, we will replace it with a new mobile even if the mobile manufacturing companies like Samsung, Lava, Apple, etc. are not giving this facility.
It is one of the tips on how to grow a small business into a large business
2. GHTC – The core values of Poojara Telecom
If you are longing to know how to grow your business manifold then the following core values developed by Poojara Telecom Pvt. Ltd. Will help you out:
G – Genuine, H- Honest, T – Transparent and C – Commitment
It is also one of the tips on how to grow a small business into a large business.
Poojara Telecom believes in selling genuine products. Some of the mobile retailers, who open up the box of the mobile, change the charger, earphones, battery and repack the box. However, Poojara Telecom Pvt. Ltd. avoids such practices in all of its stores.
3. Technology is their Entry Barrier
Poojara Telecom has developed in-house software development team and mobile application
team. They have created their own ERP, CRM, and live customer tracking mechanism.
It is also one of the ways to how to grow a small business into a large business.
- Poojara Telecom has developed software named, Mobile Promoter Ultra Software that provides you a detailed description of every product available at their store.
- This helps a sales executive to sell the product easily.
- This software also helps in comparing two products, which makes it easy for the customer to select and buy a product.
The company has also made software to exchange mobile phones. The sales executive fills the details of the mobile phone (needs to be exchanged) in the software and it will provide an exact amount that the customer will get on its exchange.
4. Right Manpower Will Make You Superpower
The selection of right manpower is one of the ways to how to grow a small business into a large business.
Poojara Telecom has developed an in-house training department. They provide 14 days training to their new employees that include different types of training like product training, mobile technology training, rack training, soft skills training, and selling skills training, Interaction with department and manager, and informed about company and HR policies.
Once the training is completed the employee is assigned the work.
Some of the employee benefits practiced at Poojara Telecom are:
- A girl working in the organization from last one year and is getting married, then the expenses of her marriage are taken care by the company.
- The company provides medical facilities to his employees.
- The company provides monthly “ration” to his lower-level employees.
In all the tough times, Mr. Yogesh Poojara stands with his employees. So, employees never leave the organization.
5. Mobile Service Exchange Accessory (SEA) of One-Stop Solutions
Poojara Telecom store has an in-house mobile service centre. If you buy a mobile from their store and there are some issues with it, then they will repair your mobile at their in-house mobile service centre instead of sending you to the service center of the mobile manufacturing company.
You can’t make a customer loyal by merely providing discounts; you can only make him loyal by creating an outstanding experience.
Poojara Telecom has created its helpline numbers and created customer experience. This helps them to cross-sell and up-sell. This increases the turnover of the company and the customer is getting all the products under one roof.