Mumbai, December 18: Being your own boss is the most satisfying job on earth. However, it comes with extreme work stress as well, since all the major decisions are taken by you.
It is therefore very important to manage stress and channelise it in a positive manner, which will not affect your health, mind and also work.
Lifetime Membership | All Courses Free by Dr Vivek Bindra:
Here are 5 easy ways in which you can manage your stress:
- Take a break. In between work, if you are feeling too stressed out, take a break. Go out for a 10-minute walk around the office premises, chat with your employees, grab a coffee at the office canteen or simply go out in the balcony and inhale fresh air. These are some quick fixes to uplift your mood instantly and declutter your mind.
- Get enough sleep. Don't ignore sleep. It is very important to keep your mind working. The more you are sleep deprived, you will be burdened and won't be able to concentrate on your work.
- It's okay to fail: There is no harm in failing, accept the fact that it is okay to fail and then move on. Don't always keep on telling yourself that you will have to succeed or else there is no way out.
- Channelise your stress in a positive manner: If you are being stressed and burdened, then learn to find ways in which you can channelise it in a positive manner. For e.g. join a gym class, go for a run or listen to soothing music. It is very important to take care of your health because there are others who are dependent on you.
- Learn to Say No: Small business owners need to remember that when you are starting out, there may be several opportunities flying at you and so you end up saying yes to everything. However, it is very important to learn to say No and focus on things which will help your business in the long run. Don't pile on to your stress by accepting everything that comes on the way.
During your free time and on Sundays, start to keep yourself away from devices like mobiles, laptops and instead spend quality time with your friends and family. It is also very important to unwind yourself. We really hope that these things come in handy for you to relieve your stress.